Dressing well is a form of good manners – Tom Ford
Hello lovely people,
How are you doing?
Recently I was going through some discussion forums and I found, many people were discussing on How to dress up for an afternoon party so I decided to write a short article on it. I thought this might be helpful for you all.
- Most important tip is to keep simple and elegant look.
- Wear light shade clothes. Floral prints are best for summers.
- A frock or may be a midi would look best for the occasion. Keep it lady like and simple.
- It should fall to, or slightly above, the knee, and not be too sparkly or low-cut.
- Keep minimal makeup. A pinkish or orange shade lip-shade and similar nail-paint would go best. Avoid or put a little blush.
- Don’t wear too many accessories. A very simple neck chain with a small pendant and a sleek hand bracelet would look nice.
- Wear heels as we are keeping everything simple so heels would give an extra edge for the perfect look.
- Use a clutch or sling bag. No need to carry big bags as you are not going for shopping.
- You can add a head accessory. But choose a very subtle one.
- Few people in fact like to wear hat and it looks nice too.
Well I am giving you an overall suggestion on what you can opt for an afternoon party. But it differs from party to party, for example if you are going for an office afternoon party, then you can go for a business casuals also which will not look good for a tea party.
So if you have any particular occasion in your mind and you need few suggestions or tips. Please put it in comments section at the bottom of this post.
Below are my pictures for an afternoon party with friends:
I was wearing:
P.S. These pictures were taken sometime back and at that time I had met with an accident so the bandage is not a fashion trend.