Velvet is one of the hottest fashion trends of the year 2016/2017 and indeed has been omnipresent. The 70’s and 90’s trend has made a major comeback this year, dominating the runway from Milan, Paris to New York and London, the labels like Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Valentino, Luisa Beccaria, Emilio Pucci and more has stormed the runway with Velvet dresses.
This season velvet comes in a wide variety – Colored, Patterned, crushed. From jackets and skirts to suits and boots. This is the perfect wear ranging widely from a date night or cocktail party to brunch or office meeting as it is available in a variety of colors, prints and patterns.
Tips on Wearing Velvet:
- Do not mix and match more than that one classy velvet item with another. Don’t overdo it. Either a velvet dress, suit, purse/boots (either would suffice).
- If you want to accessorize velvet, choose something in high shine or metal.
- Velvet is a high maintenance fabric so make sure it is always clean and perfectly ironed.
- Put on some dark lip shade and keep the rest of your makeup very subtle and edgy.
- In colder weather u can layer it up with a leather jacket or tights.
- Velvet is the perfect festival wear. So rock it this New Years.
I have always seen a beautiful collection of velvet clothes in my mother’s wardrobe and I have a very special love for this fabric for the longest of time. This season, velvet has made a major comeback with multiple looks and appearances. My wardrobe is now flooded with all sorts of velvet items like dress, skirt, jacket, trouser, tracksuits and boots.
My personal favorite for this season is my velvet gown from H&M Studio Collection which is midnight blue color and I wore it during IIT Kanpur Antaragini 2016 Event and then later got my shoot done at one of the Kanpur’s Best Hotel and Club – VIJAY INTERCONTINENTAL.