God only lets things grow until they’re perfect. Some of us didn’t take as long as others.
Being short is not a bane, but there are some tips for short girls to make it a boon
1. Wear High Waist Bottoms
High-waist pants, jeans, skirts or shorts creates the illusion of longer legs which makes you look taller. Balance is the key so pair high waist bottom with well fitted crop top or by tucking in a tailored blouse.
2. Wear Maxi Dress or Skirts
If you want to look breathtaking try maxi dress. It make you appear taller and slimmer. Always try to wear a maxi with same color or same print throughout. Wear wedges or any type of heels and dress should reach your toes.
3. Wear V-Neck
Where round and boat necks are a big no, V-Neck makes neck appear longer and leaner.
4. Wear Monochrome Outfit
Wearing monochrome or same color outfit creates a virtual vertical line to your posture and thus causes the illusion of height. We all love color blocking but for you a single color dress from head to toe is best as it creates an illusion of some extra height.
5. Wear Vertical Stripes
Vertical stripes make anyone look taller as well as slimmer. Thin vertical stripes is even better. And the best part is stripes never go out of trend.
6. Wear color blends
Match your heels with your pants or jeans, this way your legs will appear longer. Matched color scheme creates the illusion of longer lines. So if you are wearing black jeans or pants match it with black heels or wedges. Tan, brown and nude also go well with skin tone so you can try that too.
7. Carry small or medium size bags
Oversized bags is not a great look for short girls because it will make you appear even shorter. Small-sized cross-body bags and medium size bags can work well with your look. So ditch those tote or duffle bag and go for sling or medium size bags.
8. Keep hair short or go for top knot
Short to medium length hairstyle is best for you as it will help highlighting your neck but if you have long hair try top knot, bumpy hairstyles or high pony as it will create an illusion of being tall.
9. Wear thin chic belts
Huge broad belts are a big NO! As it will cut your body in half and will make you look shorter. Wear thin chic belt as it will help define your waist well.
10. Avoid Chunky accessories
Try long hanging accessories instead of heavy accessories around the neck because in general petite people don’t have long neck and that will make you look short.
Few other quick tips
- Wear well-fitting outfits.
- Avoid wide patterns and larger prints.
- Don’t wear tops that end below the hips.
- Wear Skirts/Dresses with Slits
- Maintain correct body posture to add inches to your height.
- Go easy on the layering!
- Opt for lighter weight fabrics instead of stiff or bulky variety.
- Avoid baggy clothes and too much layering.
- Avoid wearing low waist pants.
- Don’t wear a shirt dress
- Wear deeper necklines
- Avoid calf length anything
- Instead of round toed shoes go for pointed tip
- Avoid ankle straps as it gives thicker look on your legs
- Avoid 3/4 trousers/Capri trousers or trousers with cuffs, bulky pockets and pleats
- Hot pants and short skirts look superb on short girls.
- Wear bright colors
- Go for pendant necklaces instead of chokers
- Cuff long shirts at the elbow
- Choose glasses and sunglasses that are in proportion with you face and the rest of your body.
Hope you will find this article helpful 🙂